Frequently Asked Questions
Gates Open: 6:30PM
Event Ends: 3:00AM (rides close at 1:00am)
Strictly over 18 only – ID Essential for Entry
Getting to the event? Pan your trip here > https://www.sydneynewyearseve.com/plan-your-nye/
Collecting tickets on the night? You must bring the credit card used in the transaction as well as matching ID.
Ticket Related Questions
- I’m thinking of coming with a large group of people. Do you offer group discounts?
There are no group discounts to Harbour Party NYE 2017 however you can purchase up to 8 tickets at once.
2. Can someone else pick my tickets up from the Box Office for me?
Venue collect tickets can only be collected by the credit card holder upon presentation of the credit card used, in conjunction with valid ID. You must have the credit card used to make the sale and valid matching ID in order to pick up your tickets.
3. I’ve lost my ticket(s)/my tickets were not delivered – What do I do?
Credit Card holders who have lost their ticket(s) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the email, let us know what went wrong and include details such as the full name of the person who purchased the tickets, the confirmation number, which tickets were purchased and a contact number.
A small ticket reprint fee may apply to Big Top customers (i.e. the credit card holder) – conditions apply.
4. I’m an Annual Pass holder. Does that let me in or can I get a discount?
Harbour Party is a special event; Annual Pass-holders will need to purchase a ticket to attend the event should they wish to come.
5. The tickets I bought and printed have my name on them. Can other people use them if I give them my tickets?
If you are unable to attend Harbour Party 2017, you are able to give your ticket to someone else to use.
6. Your website says it’s sold out, but I found some tickets on another website. Are those tickets valid?
The following websites are official vendors of Harbour Party 2017 – www.harbourparty.com and www.bigtopsydney.com
The Luna Park Box Office cannot guarantee the authenticity of tickets purchased from third party vendors. We strongly discourage the purchase of tickets from scalpers.
7. What is the difference between the Palais, Deck and Sonar VIP tickets?
All 3 ticket types include decadent canapés, a carvery, quality beverages until 2am, access to the Harbour boardwalk and VIP areas but each ticket gives you access to only one of three exclusive levels. The Palais venue is the cherry on top and offers a private venue space located above The Deck restaurant. The Deck is Luna Park’s award-winning restaurant and bar located on the harbour boardwalk and Sonar is an exclusive cocktail party space located below The Deck restaurant.
8. I live overseas- how can I get my tickets delivered to me?
We recommend e-tickets for you to print at home, alternatively you can collect from our box office on the night. Please note that print at home tickets will not be available one month prior to the event. Tickets purchased after this time will need to be collected from our box office on the night. Tickets can also be purchased in advance from the box office
Food and Beverage Related Questions
- What kind of food and drinks are available?
A variety of food including vegetarian options plus alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available across the park at a number of food and drink outlets.
2. Can I drink on the boardwalk?
This is an alcohol free zone.
3. Can I bring my own food or drinks?
Personal food and drink are not permitted at this event.
4. Are there Vegan / Vegetarian / Gluten free options available?
We endeavor to cater for everyone, our food outlets will provide a variety of dishes for all dietary types.
If you plan on purchasing a VIP ticket with canapes included we can offer vegan and gluten free options. Please email email@example.com to organise this.
- What public transport is available on the night?
Harbour Party 2017 will be accessible via buses and ferries until a certain time, trains generally run all night. For more information regarding public transport on
New Years Eve please head to the following webpage http://www.sydneynewyearseve.com/road-closures/
2. Can I park at your Car Park?
The Car Park will not be accessible due to road closures around Milsons Point.
- What should I wear to Harbour Party? Am I allowed to wear thongs? Does The Deck or Palais have a dress code?
There is no strict dress code for Harbour Party. It is recommended that comfortable clothing be worn. Enclosed shoes are required for some of the rides.
While there is no dress code for the VIP areas, patrons traditionally tend to dress smart casual.
Who can attend Harbour Party?
Harbour Party can be attended by anyone over 18 and is popular across all age groups. Children are not permitted.
3. Can I leave Luna Park and re-enter during the night?
There are no pass outs for this event.
4. What kind of ID will I need to present to get in?
The only accepted forms of photo ID are N.S.W Proof of Age/Drivers Licenses and valid passports.
International driver’s licenses, photocopies of passports/licenses and student IDs will not be accepted.
5. Can I walk onto the boardwalk to take photos?
The Boardwalk area is accessible in different areas dependent on the type of ticket possessed.
Ticket holders can take photos on The Boardwalk provided they have the correct ticket to access this area. No alcoholic beverages can be taken onto the boardwalk with you.
6. Can I smoke while I’m in the Park?
Smoking is permitted in designated areas only, strictly outdoor only.
7. Do you cater for guests with physical of other disabilities?
Harbour Party subscribes to the NSW Companion Card Scheme on General Admission tickets only. Please call the Box Office for details regarding this program and access into the venue.
Many of the rides generate strong physical forces or have particular safety requirements which limit their use by people with certain disabilities. Please read the Guide to Ride Access for further information in relations to specific disabilities.
8. What time does Harbour Party finish?
Approximately 3am. Amusement Park rides cease operation around 1am (subject to change). The Palais, Deck and Sonar venues will also close at 2am.
9. Can I take photos / film the artists playing on the night?
Photos can be taken for personal use. Professional photography (including the use of tripods) will not be permitted on the night.
10. Can I bring in a tripod/other types of large photo equipment?
Large professional photographic equipment will need to be cloaked for the duration of the event.
11. Can I bring in large objects, such as backpacks, suitcases or eskies?
No, all large objects must be cloaked. Any item considered dangerous will not be permitted.
12. Are there cloaking facilities?
All VIP ticket-holders are entitled to free cloaking, General Admission ticket-holders are welcome to cloak near the carpark lobby for $3.
13. Are there ATMs?
We do have Tap & Go located at all outlets, and there are ATMs throughout the Park. Please note that the ATMs and Tap & Go may not work with some international debit and credit cards. If unsure, we would recommend bringing cash with you.
14. Will the New Year’s Eve fireworks go ahead if the weather is bad?
Fireworks are presented by City of Sydney. In the event that the fireworks are cancelled, Luna Park Sydney will not be held responsible or provide compensation.